Just the creation of a website is not enough. It has to be maintained on a continuous basis. Earlier it used to be done by technicians from the company, but today it done by experts. These experts keep a check on the areas for improvement and potential threats. A lot of measures have to be taken by such companies for website maintenance. What if you can maintain the website on an automated basis?
There are some methods, such as follows:
1. Plausibility Checks: Plausibility refers to a statement which seems true or valid. Checking the plausibility checks of a website is an important factor of website maintenance. It might refer to checking the widgets or publications etc. It is generally advisable to have a clear idea of what you want to add in your website and how you want your website to look like. So it is necessary to understand if addition or removal or something in the website adds some value to the website and benefits the people who view the website. One of the ways of checking plausibility is to question yourself if you want a particular feature on a website.
2. User Tests: Tests are a crucial part in a website as it is necessary to check if your website is facing any bugs or if it is ready to be launched. If a website is tested continuously, it might reveal the bugs or any technical flaws, but a website being tested by few users will help in changes from the perspective of the users as making the website user friendly and free from bugs and flaws is very important for the smooth functioning of a website. User tests can be as simple as asking your friends to visit your website and operate it.
3. Content Maintenance: Website content should be checked not only before release but also after it is done too. It has to be updated frequently. It has to be updated with latest information. However the content is going to exist it has to satisfy the statement “Content is King”.
4. Proofreading: Although content maintenance covers proof reading too, it is necessary to add a separate sub heading for this as it is necessary for the positive experience in the usage of the website by the users. Spelling mistakes can hamper the credibility of the company. Grammatical mistakes can sometimes catch your attention. In other words, you just want to check out if your content is grammatically correct along with proper spelling.
5. Load Time Checks: It is quite obvious that a website which takes a long time to load tends to frustrate the users. Speed is an attribute of a good website. Sometimes users might not expect alot of fancy content when a website is loaded.
6. Validation: Invalid documents can be one of the outcomes of unprofessional work or poor maintenance. This can be compared with a house where removing few bricks will not result in the collapse of the house. Similarly a person who maintains a website must take care of the quality of the website through validation. Validation is achieved after running a lot of tests by validators, such as W3C’s HTML, WDG’s HTML etc. So if you want to validate your website on a continuous basis, make sure it is done with style sheets and it you have to look for ways to automate the same.
7. Measurement of Changes: Mere changes are not enough. They have to be measured too. Automated website maintenance being done on a continuous basis has to be measured. When changes are made the quality of the website will tend to change. Testing the website after changes being measured will benefit the company and the people who use the website.
We at Radiance Vision consist of a bunch of talented and well experienced team who will help you maintain your company website and deliver a positive outcome.