Apple iOS lifecycle four core components; iOS Application Design, iOS Application Development, iOS Application Testing, iOS Application Maintenance. Basic App Design Process is the initial stage of the overall development and has to be done carefully.
For the proper workflow, before you approach an app designer, you must have the following things ready:
1. Understanding of target audience and the end-users
2. End result to accomplish
3. Initial wireframes
You can have the app design strategy ready at your end (in-house) and app design process will be done at our side.
The basic app design process consists of following steps:
1. Setting the scope- Based on the scope, the design and flow of the app will be prepared. The scope refers to what shall be the output, what you want to achieve from the app, and how large or small it has to be.
2. User/market research- User Experience(UX) and User Interface (UI) are the ones who get to work based on the scope of the app and the app strategy. The designer has to come up with the best UX design that will make your app distinguished from the crowd.
3. UX wireframe- It is the visual representation created for the UI, it portrays each window of the app starting from the login page to other important pages.
4. Prototype- The sketchy prototype lets you see and feel the app right away as the wireframe is ready.
5. UI design- The UX wireframing and prototyping are about how the app works while the UI design is about how the app looks. Here, you have to deal with the visual representation of everything color schemes, shapes, buttons, font size/style, images, forms, illustrations, animation, and so on. Testing them often for deciding which one works the best.
The basic app design continues to the next stages, will be explained in next blog. So, be Ready !